Monday, July 21, 2008

The Liars

July 20, 2008
McCarren Pool
Brooklyn



Fuck Buttons opened
Liars photos on Flickr
Review

After the Liars at McCarren Pool, which led seamlessly into post-show bingo in Greenpoint, and was capped off by devouring an entire pork shoulder Bo Ssam feast at Momofuku Ssam Bar, only 1 question remained: WHERE TO NEXT?!?! The show must go on, so we stumbled into Black & White bar on 10th street. When we first approached and the doorman said in an apologetic tone that they were hosting a private party, my normal pluckiness was placed aside and I was all-to-ready to take the dismissal as a sign that enough imbibing had taken place for one evening and head home. But just as I was about to thank the man and walk away, the doorman had a change of heart and said it seemed like we'd enjoy the party and should come inside. Well, fine then.

Just when I thought my fun quotient had been reached for the evening, this dancing queen kept me entertained for at least another hour into the night, as she got down to the DJ spinning records just outside the frame.

No comments: